* The selection of jurors began on Thursday in the trial of a Jehovah's Witness leader who is accused of molesting three girls in his congregation. Gilbert Simental (pictured) is alleged to have molested a 9-year-old and a pair of 10-year-old daughters of congregation members in his Murrieta home from 2005-06. The girls were reportedly at his home for visits and sleepovers.
* Two men are dead following a fatal shooting in the Exposition Park area of Los Angeles early Friday. The two, who were reportedly in their 20s, were gunned down in the early morning hours and police report no suspects at this time.
* A former San Diego councilman reportedly got caught with his pants down so to speak on Thursday. John Hartley, 65, was arrested Thursday afternoon in the Kensington area for allegedly masturbating and urinating in a cup. Hartley, who is running again for council in this June's election, was charged with indecent exposure and soliciting a lewd act. Hartley served on council in the early 1990s.
* The San Jose Sharks went to overtime Thursday night to score a 3-2 win over Dallas. Meantime, Los Angeles skated to a 4-0 win over Phoenix at the Staples Center.
* Kevin Love poured in a career-high 29 points to lead UCLA to an 88-78 win over Western Kentucky in an NCAA West Regional. UCLA (34-3) meets third-seeded Xavier on Saturday.
* 7 p.m. (Honda Center) San Jose at Anaheim
* 7 p.m. (Arco Arena) Washington at Sacramento
* 7:30 p.m. (Staples Center) Memphis at L.A. Lakers