* A pair of brothers who were attacked by a tiger at the San Francisco Zoo have filed claims against the city. The two, Kulbir and Amritpal Dhaliwal, were injured and one other young male, Carlos Sousa, died in last December's attack. The claims against the city allege negligence and defamation. The tiger, Tatiana, was killed by police. Authorities had alleged that the three may have taunted the tiger prior to the attack.
* The great white hoax? Orange County lifeguards say they will not close the beach based on reports of a great white shark attack in the Huntington Beach area. A surfer reportedly said that a great white took a bite out of his surfboard while he was out in the water recently. Visit www.sharkresearchcommittee.com/index.html for reports of recent sightings in the area.
* One fan at a baseball game definitely didn't make a hit with authorities. Roland Flores, 23, of La Puente, has been sentenced to one month in jail for hitting baseball player Mike Piazza in the head with a water bottle at a game last season at Angel Stadium. Piazza, who was playing with the Oakland A's at the time, was hit at the July 25 game. Flores, who was given three years' probation, barred from owning or possessing a firearm for a decade, was also ordered to stay away from Angel Stadium for three years.
* Kobe Bryant tallied 53 points, but it still did not keep the Los Angeles Lakers from losing to the lowly Memphis Grizzlies on Friday night, 114-111. Rudy Gay paced the Grizzlies, the NBA's worst road team, with 28 points.
* 1 p.m. (Staples Center) Dallas at L.A. Kings
* 7:30 p.m. (Staples Center) Memphis at L.A. Clippers