* A pair of men were arrested at LAX after reportedly attempting to board a flight to China with almost a dozen sensitive infrared cameras in their luggage. Yong Guo Zhi, a Chinese national, and Tah Wei Chao, a naturalized U.S. citizen, are being investigated on grounds that they were trying to move thermal imaging cameras with potential military use to China minus the proper export licenses.
* Police arrested a 39-year-old man after he allegedly stabbed his boss at a trucking facility in Industry after getting notice he was fired. Zhang Lie of Hacienda Heights allegedly stabbed his boss with a pocket knife after getting word of the firing. The wounds to the employer were reportedly not fatal.
* A former marine, Kevin Lee Graff, 31, has been sentenced to two life prison terms without the option of parole for killing two people. Robert Lees, 91, and Dr. Morley Engelson, 69, neighbors, were killed by Graff in June of 2004 in an upscale Hollywood neighborhood.
* Jake Peavy pitched a complete-game as the San Diego Padres posted a 4-1 win over rival Los Angeles in afternoon baseball at Petco Park.
* Anaheim posted a 4-3 victory over rival Los Angeles in afternoon hockey at Staples Center.
* 6 p.m. (Angel Stadium) Texas Rangers at Los Angeles Angels